Re: Zooarch Wish List Items

Haskel Greenfield <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 10 Mar 2012 20:43:20 -0600

Hi. I would recommend asking for lab space and any equipment and any
start-up funds that you need at the very beginning. Once you accept the
position and arrive, it is harder to get these things. They should be part
of your initial negotiations. Also ask for credit towards higher salary and
time toward tenure for your past teaching experience. The point at which you
begin in the salary scale determines your salary increases for years to
come. Glad to hear that all is working out and good luck.
Best
Haskel

Haskel J. Greenfield, Prof.
University of Manitoba
Department of Anthropology
Winnipeg, MB R3T 5V5, Canada
Website: http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~greenf/
http://umanitoba.academia.edu/HaskelGreenfield

From: Analysis of animal remains from archaeological sites
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Edward Maher
Sent: March-04-12 8:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ZOOARCH] Zooarch Wish List Items

Dear Zooarch:

  I am happy to report that I recently interviewed for a tenure-track
position. In the event that I receive an offer, I will then begin
negotiating my start-up package. Although I have a number of items on my
request list, I wanted to respectfully take advantage of the wisdom and
extensive experience of the members on this list. For those of you who
currently hold an academic position, what do you know now that you wish you
knew earlier in your career regarding lab equipment and research aids
relating to zooarchaeology? What would be on your wish list?

  Any and all comments are most welcome. Thank you for your time on this.

  Cheers,

Edward F. Maher, Ph.D.

Instructor
North Central College