ZOOARCH Archives

ZOOARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ZOOARCH Home

ZOOARCH  March 2012

ZOOARCH March 2012

Re: pathology id help required

"Michael A. Etnier" <[log in to unmask]>

Michael A. Etnier

Thu, 8 Mar 2012 14:50:14 -0500

I agree with Peter that it looks like pathology.  I've seen lots of
examples just like this in animals that were necropsied for skeletal
collections.  Some of the infections were proximal to the bone pathology,
such as with a badly healed/healing compound fracture, and in others the
site of infection was quite distal to the site (or sites) where the
pathology manifested on the bone....

---Mike

Michael A. Etnier, PhD
Applied Osteology