Help for WEBSITE-INFO-MGT Archives

WEBSITE-INFO-MGT Archives

WEBSITE-INFO-MGT@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

WEBSITE-INFO-MGT Home

WEBSITE-INFO-MGT  March 2012

WEBSITE-INFO-MGT March 2012

Re: Cookies and new ICO guidance: your input needed

ALLISON Neil <[log in to unmask]>

ALLISON Neil <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 14 Mar 2012 15:12:00 +0000

Hi Rich,

I'd be very impressed if this free service did the business.

I've just spoken with a colleague who did a cookie trawl across the ed.ac.uk domain to confirm how long ours took:

- First pass across all ed.ac.uk subdomains ran for a week, only collected 1st party cookies (20k+ cookies on 220,0000-ish pages). This didn't go beyond secure logins either.
- Second pass across corporate CMS-driven site only (pages in the form www.ed.ac.uk/something only) digging deeper to identify 3rd party cookies too again ran for about a week (covering 45,000-ish pages)

So, someone offering to do this kind of thing for free? There must be a catch :)

Cheers

Neil Allison
University Website Programme
The University of Edinburgh