Help for VLE Archives

VLE Archives

VLE@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

VLE Home

VLE  February 2018

VLE February 2018

16th e-Assessment Question Conference and Exhibition London April 2018 ‘Risk and Reward: How do we deliver the benefits of e-Assessment?’

Jeff Ross <[log in to unmask]>

Virtual Learning Environments <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 22 Feb 2018 16:46:26 +0000

16th e-Assessment Question Conference and Exhibition

‘Risk and Reward: How do we deliver the benefits of e-Assessment?’

America Square Conference Centre, City of London - Weds. 18th and Thurs. 19th April 2018

in association with the e-Assessment Association e-Assessment Awards Gala Dinner

www.e-assessment-question.com

The e-Assessment Question Conference and Exhibition will be the 16th annual international conference on e-Assessment and computer supported assessment and qualifications.

We are delighted to say speakers this year include

The Speakers include
Nicola Blackwell, Turnitin
Gavin Busuttil-Reynaud, Director, Alphaplus
Mark Dawe, CEO, AELP
Colin Deal, Chair Day Two
Sofie Emmertsen, Inspera
Alistair Fryer-Bovill, PSI
Ian Gurling, AO Manager Fire Industry Association Awarding Organisation  (FIA AO).
Andrew Harland, CEO, Int. Examinations Officers Association
Graham Hudson, MD, GA Partnership
Vincent de Jong, Trifork Learning
Chris Kirk, MD, Digital Me
John Kleeman, Founder, Questionmark
Martin Mackain Bremner, Chair Day One
Phil McNeilage, CEO, COMPROBO
Brian Moon, Chief Technology Officer, Perigean
Louella Morton, Executive Director, TestReach
Graham Orpwood, Professor Emeritus of Education at York University, Toronto, and International Projects Manager, Vretta
Denis Saunders, CEO and Founder, Calibrand (keynote, day one)
Ali Shalfrooshan, PSI
Murray Silver, BizExaminer
Bernhard Waglechner, BizExaminer
Martyn Ware, SQA
Matthew White, NCC Education
John Winkley, Director, Alphaplus
....  plus more speakers to be annouced

Who will tackle questions such as:

'Where is digital technology taking the challenge to deliver efficient, robust and reliable assessment of skills, knowledge and understanding?'
'How can we raise standards and improve achievement, meeting regulatory goals and learner expectations'
'Who is leading the way in delivering 21st Century digital assessment?'
'How will Institutions and Organisations manage the Assessment process so that it is a central part of learning, training and skills development'
'What can e-Assessment tell us about students and employees, how do we mine this data to get closer to the cohort, understand their learning and development needs'
'How does the world of digital natives, social media, big data, innovative technology affect computer based testing and assessment?'

Computer based assessment has grown significantly since the early days of automatic test publishing and certification. We have seen developments like paperless examination projects, e-proctoring, open badges, social media, BYOD, the growth of e-portfolios, the proliferation of question types, the rise of government initiatives and policies following FELTAG and Curriculum for Excellence, including the focus on technology in Apprenticeships, the expectations of digital natives resulting from rapid growth in technology and its use.

Both days will look at the broad spectrum of innovative e-assessment from assessment for learning and formative assessment in the classroom and the workplace, to digital delivery of high stakes qualifications, to the use of technology to support and enhance assessment, qualifications and certification - developing robust, reliable and cost-effective solutions to support learners, teachers and institutions.

Bookings may be made for either day or both days of the event, with a discount for Charities, Schools, Colleges, Universities and those in the public sector. We are delighted to be working with the e-Assessment Association and their gala dinner to be held on the evening of the 18th April 2018 at which the second e-Assessment Awards will be presented. Delegates to the conference can optionally book their place at the dinner when booking for the conference.

We trust you or one of your colleagues will be able to join us for what will certainly prove to be an invaluable and thought-provoking event.

Jeff Ross

Director, Assessment Tomorrow

 email :  [log in to unmask]  for more details

Visit the e-Assessment Question 2018 web site: www.e-assessment-question.com to read more about the conference and for details on how to registration.