JiscMail Logo
Email discussion lists for the UK Education and Research communities

Help for SPACESYNTAX Archives


SPACESYNTAX Archives

SPACESYNTAX Archives


SPACESYNTAX@JISCMAIL.AC.UK


View:

Message:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

Font:

Proportional Font

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

SPACESYNTAX Home

SPACESYNTAX Home

SPACESYNTAX  April 2018

SPACESYNTAX April 2018

Options

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password

Subject:

Re: SPACESYNTAX Digest - 15 Apr 2018 (#2018-14)

From:

Joy Maina <[log in to unmask]>

Reply-To:

[log in to unmask]

Date:

Tue, 17 Apr 2018 06:21:25 +0100

Content-Type:

text/plain

Parts/Attachments:

Parts/Attachments

text/plain (198 lines)

Dear Sophia,

For one reason or the other, I find no attachments in both
correspondences regarding this thread in my mail box. Will it be to
much of a bother if you kindly resend the attachment?

Many thanks,
Joy

On 4/16/18, SPACESYNTAX automatic digest system <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> There are 2 messages totaling 464 lines in this issue.
>
> Topics of the day:
>
>   1. Against Enclosure (2)
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Date:    Sun, 15 Apr 2018 21:49:26 +0000
> From:    David Seamon <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Against Enclosure
>
> Margarita & Sophia,
>
> Margarita, thanks for requesting this early article, and Sophia, thanks for
> posting it. I start my unit on space syntax in my “environmental design &
> society” class tomorrow, so having this entry pop up is pure serendipity and
> a heartening reminder of the core of the theory. One forgets how clear,
> forceful, and to the point Bill and Julienne’s early presentations of space
> syntax were. Great pleasure to reread this piece from the early days when
> space-syntax theory was its own complete self without all the accoutrements
> that crop up today, many of them distracting and, in my mind, unnecessary.
>
> David Seamon
>
> From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
> Behalf Of SOPHIA PSARRA
> Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2018 12:36 PM
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: [SPACESYNTAX] Against Enclosure
>
> Dear Margarita,
>
> Here it is.
>
> Best
>
> Sophia
>
> Dr SOPHIA PSARRA
> Reader of Architecture and Spatial Design
>
> The Bartlett School of Architecture
> Faculty of the Built Environment
> University College London (UCL)
> 22 Gordon Street
> London, WC1H 0QB
> United Kingdom
>
> E: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>,
> [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
> W: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/bartlett/architecture/dr-sophia-psarra
>
> Forthcoming: The Venice Variations (2018), London: UCLPress
> https://www.ucl.ac.uk/ucl-press/browse-books/the-venice-variations
>
> Published: Architecture and Narrative (2009), London: Routledge
> http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415343763/
>
>
>
>
> On 15 Apr 2018, at 18:32, Margarita Greene Z.
> <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
>
> Dear space syntax list
>
> Does any of you have a pdf version of Bill’s chapter “Against Enclosure”?
> I would appreciate if you could share it with me…. to share it with my
> students…
> Best regards
>
> Margarita
>
> ---------------------------
> Margarita Greene Z.
> Profesor Titular
> Coordinadora Entorno Construido, CEDEUS
> Escuela de Arquitectura
> Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Sun, 15 Apr 2018 22:42:18 +0000
> From:    "Margarita Greene Z." <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Against Enclosure
>
> I couldn’t agree more!
> I have several favorites from those days….
> although, whenever I give my Chilean-version of space syntax course and I
> start browsing for new papers to suggest to my students, I never fail to
> find some very good enriching new inputs!
> Best regards
> Margarita
>
> and thanks to both! I had already thanked Sophia for her prompt answer…
>
>
> ---------------------------
> Margarita Greene Z.
> Profesor Titular
> Coordinadora Entorno Construido, CEDEUS
> Escuela de Arquitectura
> Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
>
>
>
>
> El 15-04-2018, a las 18:49, David Seamon
> <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> escribió:
>
> Margarita & Sophia,
>
> Margarita, thanks for requesting this early article, and Sophia, thanks for
> posting it. I start my unit on space syntax in my “environmental design &
> society” class tomorrow, so having this entry pop up is pure serendipity and
> a heartening reminder of the core of the theory. One forgets how clear,
> forceful, and to the point Bill and Julienne’s early presentations of space
> syntax were. Great pleasure to reread this piece from the early days when
> space-syntax theory was its own complete self without all the accoutrements
> that crop up today, many of them distracting and, in my mind, unnecessary.
>
> David Seamon
>
> From: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of SOPHIA PSARRA
> Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2018 12:36 PM
> To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: [SPACESYNTAX] Against Enclosure
>
> Dear Margarita,
>
> Here it is.
>
> Best
>
> Sophia
>
> Dr SOPHIA PSARRA
> Reader of Architecture and Spatial Design
>
> The Bartlett School of Architecture
> Faculty of the Built Environment
> University College London (UCL)
> 22 Gordon Street
> London, WC1H 0QB
> United Kingdom
>
> E: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>,
> [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
> W: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/bartlett/architecture/dr-sophia-psarra
>
> Forthcoming: The Venice Variations (2018), London: UCLPress
> https://www.ucl.ac.uk/ucl-press/browse-books/the-venice-variations
>
> Published: Architecture and Narrative (2009), London: Routledge
> http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415343763/
>
>
>
>
> On 15 Apr 2018, at 18:32, Margarita Greene Z.
> <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
>
> Dear space syntax list
>
> Does any of you have a pdf version of Bill’s chapter “Against Enclosure”?
> I would appreciate if you could share it with me…. to share it with my
> students…
> Best regards
>
> Margarita
>
> ---------------------------
> Margarita Greene Z.
> Profesor Titular
> Coordinadora Entorno Construido, CEDEUS
> Escuela de Arquitectura
> Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
>
> ------------------------------
>
> End of SPACESYNTAX Digest - 15 Apr 2018 (#2018-14)
> **************************************************
>

Top of Message | Previous Page | Permalink

JiscMail Tools


RSS Feeds and Sharing


Advanced Options


Archives

October 2018
September 2018
August 2018
July 2018
June 2018
May 2018
April 2018
March 2018
February 2018
January 2018
December 2017
November 2017
October 2017
September 2017
August 2017
July 2017
June 2017
May 2017
April 2017
March 2017
February 2017
January 2017
December 2016
November 2016
October 2016
September 2016
August 2016
July 2016
June 2016
May 2016
April 2016
March 2016
February 2016
January 2016
December 2015
November 2015
October 2015
September 2015
August 2015
July 2015
June 2015
May 2015
April 2015
March 2015
February 2015
January 2015
December 2014
November 2014
October 2014
September 2014
August 2014
July 2014
June 2014
May 2014
April 2014
March 2014
February 2014
January 2014
December 2013
November 2013
October 2013
September 2013
August 2013
July 2013
June 2013
May 2013
April 2013
March 2013
February 2013
January 2013
December 2012
November 2012
October 2012
September 2012
August 2012
July 2012
June 2012
May 2012
April 2012
March 2012
February 2012
January 2012
December 2011
November 2011
October 2011
September 2011
August 2011
July 2011
June 2011
May 2011
April 2011
March 2011
February 2011
January 2011
December 2010
November 2010
October 2010
September 2010
August 2010
July 2010
June 2010
May 2010
April 2010
March 2010
February 2010
January 2010
December 2009
November 2009
October 2009
September 2009
August 2009
July 2009
June 2009
May 2009
April 2009
March 2009
February 2009
January 2009
December 2008
November 2008
October 2008
September 2008
August 2008
July 2008
June 2008
May 2008
April 2008
March 2008
February 2008
January 2008
December 2007
November 2007
October 2007
September 2007
August 2007
July 2007
June 2007
May 2007
April 2007
March 2007
February 2007
January 2007
2006
2005
2004
2003
2002
2001
2000
1999
1998


JiscMail is a Jisc service.

View our service policies at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/ and Jisc's privacy policy at https://www.jisc.ac.uk/website/privacy-notice

Secured by F-Secure Anti-Virus CataList Email List Search Powered by the LISTSERV Email List Manager