Help for SIMSOC Archives

SIMSOC Archives

SIMSOC@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

SIMSOC Home

SIMSOC  July 2018

SIMSOC July 2018

Re: SIMSOC Digest - 16 Jul 2018 to 17 Jul 2018 (#2018-132)

"Penn, Alan" <[log in to unmask]>

Penn, Alan

Wed, 18 Jul 2018 08:35:04 +0000

ah that is interesting - spatial segregation into poorly connected regions should act as a buffer to cyclical dynamics - a bit like a capacitor in electrical circuits. Segregation also has a role in speciation - thus different species diverge in the different Galapagos islands.
Alan