EDRMS & file plans rollout

Craig Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 30 Jul 2009 11:13:02 +0100

Here in Warwickshire our ICT dept. are working with us in Records Management
to bring in an EDRMS.  We're at the fairly early stages of this as you'll see by
some of the questions we've jointly pulled together below but we'd be very
grateful for your responses.

Have you attempted a corporate EDRM implementation & which EDRM system
have you implemented?
If so, did you develop your own file plan or adopt/adapt an existing one (and,
if so, which one)?
Was the file plan developed up front, or incrementally over time?
Have there been any issues with usability and user acceptance of the file plan?
What process did you adopt to develop, tailor and implement the file plan?
How long did it take, how many people were involved (internal and external)
and how much did it cost?
Have you migrated documents from a different EDRMS or from the file system?
How did you go about this, and did you carry out quality checks at the same
time?
Have users retained access to the file system as well as the EDRMS, or has
access to the file system been closed off?
What is your governance model for the EDRMS?
What training has been delivered to users? What media are used, how many
users have been trained, how long does the training take? Does the training
cover information management principles as well as the mechanics of the
EDRMS?
How have you rolled out your EDRMS (section by section, cross-directorate
groups etc)? How has the issue of cultural and business process change been
handled?

Many thanks.

Craig Ferguson (Corporate Records Manager, Records Management Service)
Email - [log in to unmask]
 & Ian Litton (Strategy & Programme Manager, ICT Services)
Email - [log in to unmask]

Warwickshire County Council