Help for RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK Archives

RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK Archives

RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK Home

RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK  September 2018

RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK September 2018

Job opportunity: Archives and Records Officer at University of Westminster (fixed term)

Anna McNally <[log in to unmask]>

Anna McNally <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 14 Sep 2018 15:23:35 +0100

Archives and Records Officer
University Records and Archives
Fixed Term – to 30 April 2019
£26,208 p.a. (incl. L.W.A.)

University Records and Archives manages the institutional archives of the University of Westminster and its predecessors (dating back to 1838), personal papers relating to town planning, a collection of 20th century Chinese propaganda material and the Westminster Menswear Archive. We encourage and facilitate access by staff, students and the general public to our collections, and provide a records management services for staff at the University.

We are seeking a professionally qualified archivist for an interesting and varied post, supporting the team with day-to-day operations of the service. This role is fixed term to provide temporary cover due to the short-term absence of a member of staff.

Main duties and responsibilities:
•	Arranging, appraising and cataloguing the archival holdings using the University’s archival management system AtoM.
•	Ingesting digital records into Archivematica, the University’s digital records preservation system.
•	Answering enquiries, assisting and supervising researchers.
•	Supporting outreach activities including presentations, tours and organising exhibitions (including online).
•	Supporting records management activities, including processing of box recall and return requests to the University’s off-site storage facility.

You will need a professional qualification plus experience of working in an archive environment and of cataloguing to appropriate international standards.  Practical experience of the appraisal, arrangement and description of modern personal papers and organisational records is desirable.  You should have meticulous organisational ability, accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to work effectively in a small team and deliver to deadlines is also important.
Applications from newly qualified professionals are particularly encouraged.

For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Anna McNally, Senior Archivist, at [log in to unmask]

Job reference number: 50053887

Closing date: Midnight Sunday 30th September

Interviews are likely to be held on: Wednesday 10th October 2018

To apply for this vacancy and for further information about careers and benefits at the University of Westminster, please see: http://www.westminster.ac.uk/about-us/careers-westminster/vacancies

Administrative contact (for queries only): [log in to unmask]

Please note: We are unable to accept any applications by email. All applications must be made online. CVs in isolation or incomplete application forms will also not be accepted.

We are fortunate to receive a large number of applications for our vacancies.  Regrettably, we are not able to provide feedback to those job applicants who were not shortlisted and invited for interview as it would simply not be manageable to do so.

Anna McNally
Senior Archivist

University Archives and Records
University of Westminster
4-12 Little Titchfield Street
London W1W 7BY
Tel: +44 (0)20 7911 5167
www.westminster.ac.uk/archives
This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If they has come to you in error you must not copy or show them to anyone, nor should you take any action based on them, other than to notify the error by replying to the sender.