RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK Archives

RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK Home

RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK  June 2012

RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK June 2012

Data on business process costs

"Pierce Owen, Meic (CSO)" <[log in to unmask]>

Pierce Owen, Meic (CSO)

Fri, 29 Jun 2012 12:19:57 +0000

Rob

I totally agree.

With regards the future, we are starting to gather meaningful performance data and that will improve things in the future.

However, that still leaves me with the challenge of how to create meaningful business cases in this 'start-up' phase in the absence of hard data from within the Organisation.

I feel sure I am not alone in facing this challenge.  I am able to put some 'assumptions' together but would certainly welcome experience from elsewhere on this (my thanks to those who have replied already offlist btw).

I am thinking that data will come from either;

1. Organisations who have collected and collated IRM process data (paper record retrieval time, invoice process time etc);
2. Academic research on the same; and/or
3. Any standard assumptions/ formulae used in these situations.

All and any correspondence on this welcomed.

Regards

Meic

Meic Pierce Owen BA (hons) PG Dip ARM
Project Manager (Information and Records)
Transforming Government Programme
Chief Secretary's Office
Isle of Man Government