Apologies for cross posting
Records Management and GDPR Assistant
The Archdiocese of Southwark is looking to recruit a Records Management and GDPR Assistant. The role is to assist the Diocesan Finance Office in reviewing and processing its paper records and to work with the Diocesan Archivist to develop and implement records management guidance and procedures both for the Finance Office and the other parts of the Diocese. In addition, it will help the Diocese meet its GDPR requirements through the provision of advice and guidance and supporting the Data Protection Officer (DPO) in managing GDPR audits, subject access requests and data breaches.
This is a full time role initially for a 12 month fixed term period. Hours 0900 – 1700 Monday to Friday. Starting salary £22750pa - £24750pa depending on skills and experience.
The ideal candidate will have a good undergraduate degree and an archives or records management qualification or be working towards one. A working knowledge of GDPR is also essential as are good general IT skills.
Please find a full job description below.
To apply, please send your CV to Jenny Delves, Diocesan Archivist: [log in to unmask]
Closing date for applications: Friday 21 September 2018.
Job profile: Records Management and GDPR Assistant
Location: Diocesan Finance Office, 59 Westminster Bridge Road, SE1 7JE
Job purpose: There are two elements to this role:
1. Records Management: To assist the Diocesan Finance Office in reviewing and processing its paper records; to work with the Diocesan Archivist to develop and implement records management guidance and procedures both for the Finance Office and the other parts of the Diocese.
2. GDPR: To help the Diocese meet its GDPR requirements through the provision of advice and guidance and supporting the Data Protection Officer (DPO) in managing GDPR audits, subject access requests and data breaches.
Reporting to: This job is ultimately responsible to the Financial Secretary, but will take day-to-day instruction from the Data Protection Officer and the Diocesan Archivist.
Hours: 0900-1700 Monday-Friday
Length: Initially fixed term for 12 months.
Salary: £22750pa - £24750pa depending on skills and experience.
1. To work with the Records Management Assistant to complete the review and processing of the Finance Office’s paper records using the retention guidelines.
2. To help manage the secure disposal of paper records that are no longer required and to offer advice to parishes on secure disposal.
3. To create and maintain a managed storage system for the Finance Office’s paper records including ensuring that an accurate list of stored paper records is kept.
4. To work with the Diocesan Archivist to develop and implement records management guidance and procedures for the Finance Office and other parts of the Diocese.
5. To keep the Finance Office retention guidelines up-to-date. To ensure that Finance Office staff apply these guidelines to their paper and digital records and to assist them where required.
6. To develop these retention guidelines further for the other parts of the Diocese (i.e. Curial Offices).
7. To provide advice, guidance and training to all Diocesan staff on the records management procedures that are put in place. In particular to assist Diocesan staff with understanding and implementing the retention schedules.
8. If required, to assist in developing file structures for the storage of the Finance Office’s digital records.
9. To work under the instruction of the Data Protection Officer to provide general GDPR advice and guidance throughout the Diocese, undertake data protection audits, to update GDPR documentation and agreements when required, and to provide reports on GDPR activities.
10. To notify the Data Protection Officer immediately of any breaches or subject access requests and then work with the Data Protection Officer to respond as needed in each case.
11. To provide monthly progress reports to the Financial Secretary and Diocesan Archivist.
12. To undertake any other related tasks that may be required.
- A good undergraduate degree.
- Archive or records management qualification or working towards one
- Working knowledge of GDPR
- Previous experience of working within an archive or records management service.
- A sound understanding of records management principles.
- Good general IT skills and knowledge.
- Well-developed time management and organisation skills.
- An ability to work accurately and with attention to detail.
- Methodical approach to tasks.
- Able to follow agreed procedures and instructions accurately and consistently.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently and manage own workload.
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with confidence at all levels.
- The ability to work closely and collaboratively with colleagues to complete a project.
- Comfortable lifting and carrying files and boxes.
- Sympathetic to the ethos of the Catholic Church.
- A knowledge of the Catholic Church in England.
To view the list archives go to: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK
To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the words UNSUBSCRIBE RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK
For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask]
For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]