Help for PHD-DESIGN Archives

PHD-DESIGN Archives

PHD-DESIGN@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

PHD-DESIGN Home

PHD-DESIGN  July 2018

PHD-DESIGN July 2018

Re: PHD-DESIGN Digest - 16 Jul 2018 to 17 Jul 2018 (#2018-177)

Kasper Skov Christensen <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 18 Jul 2018 11:31:44 +0200

First, sorry if I am not properly replying to the list - not sure if I
will reply to the topic 'Model of 'the possible', 'the true' and 'the
real' (2)'. Anyway...

Hi James,

Thanks for your reference but I think that you might have misunderstood
my question. The issue of Design Studies that you are referencing is the
one I gave as an example to what I am looking for. I am searching for
the article which presents the model linked in my first message.

On 7/18/2018 1:01 AM, PHD-DESIGN automatic digest system wrote:

> Topics of the day:
>
>    1. Model of 'the possible', 'the true' and 'the real' (2)
>    2. How to encourage and generate reflection in students through design
>       approaches  ? What is reflection?
>    3. How to encourage and generate reflection in students through design
>       approaches ? What is reflection?
>    4. Post Doctoral Post 0.4 EU Horizon2020 Grant

> Date:    Tue, 17 Jul 2018 12:06:33 +0200
> From:    Kasper Skov Christensen <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Model of 'the possible', 'the true' and 'the real'
>
> Dear all,
>
> I am currently trying to map my research through design project onto one
> of the design research frameworks e.g.  Fallman, Daniel. 2008. “The
> Interaction Design Research Triangle of Design Practice, Design Studies,
> and Design Exploration.” /Design Issues/ 24 (3): 4–18.
>
> However, I have been unable to remember which paper the following
> framework model is from (see link), and I cannot locale in my reference
> man. Does anyone on this list know of this triangle and if so, where do
> I find it?
>
> Link to picture of framework model https://imgur.com/a/8LgKw81
>
> Thanks
>
> Med venlig hilsen/Kind regards
> Kasper Skov Christensen
> /Ph.d. Student,//Child Computer Interaction Group @ Aarhus University,
> Denmark/

> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Tue, 17 Jul 2018 11:50:18 +0100
> From:    "Branch J." <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Model of 'the possible', 'the true' and 'the real'
>
> Hi Kasper,
>
> I know the one — I believe it is in Design Issues: Volume 24, Number 3 Summer 2008
>
> Best,
>
> James
>
> —
> James Branch
> jamesbranch.co.uk
>

> On 17/07/2018, 11:16, "PhD-Design - This list is for discussion of PhD studies and related research in Design on behalf of Kasper Skov Christensen" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of [log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>      Dear all,
>
>      I am currently trying to map my research through design project onto one
>      of the design research frameworks e.g.  Fallman, Daniel. 2008. “The
>      Interaction Design Research Triangle of Design Practice, Design Studies,
>      and Design Exploration.” /Design Issues/ 24 (3): 4–18.
>
>      However, I have been unable to remember which paper the following
>      framework model is from (see link), and I cannot locale in my reference
>      man. Does anyone on this list know of this triangle and if so, where do
>      I find it?
>
>      Link to picture of framework model https://imgur.com/a/8LgKw81
>
>      Thanks
>
>      Med venlig hilsen/Kind regards

> [...]