My name is Daniel Bowen, and I’m a Doctor of Philosophy in Clinical Psychology student at the University of Canberra, Australia. Assistant Professor James Neill is chair of my supervisory panel.
I am currently collecting articles for one of my research studies:
“A Meta-Analysis of Adventure Therapy Program Effects”
This study will set out to:
1) Locate empirically-based outcome studies about adventure therapy programs across the lifespan
2) Analyse and compare outcomes of different programs
3) Link the outcomes to program characteristics
My request is for quantitative research articles (published or unpublished) on adventure and/or wilderness therapy outcomes (including recreation therapy, challenge courses, therapeutic camping, adventure-based counselling, outdoor behavioural healthcare, youth at risk, adjudicated youth, etc.).
1) Programs which use wilderness, adventure or outdoor recreation activities specifically for psychological therapeutic purposes
2) Must provide sufficient statistical information to allow calculation of effect sizes (e.g. means, standard deviations, number of participants)
3) Must be reported 1960 or later, and in English
You may also be able to assist with helping me to obtain a number of studies which have been identified as potential studies to include in the meta-analysis, but of which I have been unable to locate a copy (preferably electronic). Please open the following link to see a list: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9duT7_fcgwVOV9Ocl96WFE4Rzg.
Results will be presented at the 6th International Adventure Therapy conference in the Czech Republic, September 2012.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
[log in to unmask]
Centre for Applied Psychology, Faculty of Health, University of Canberra, Australia