Help for MINING-HISTORY Archives

MINING-HISTORY Archives

mining-history@jiscmail.ac.uk

MINING-HISTORY Home

MINING-HISTORY  October 2010

MINING-HISTORY October 2010

Re: Pre or early 1900's coal mining lantern slides

Keith Nicholls <[log in to unmask]>

The mining-history list.

Mon, 25 Oct 2010 09:58:47 +0100

All

Before I commit any or all of your hard earned......some ground rules need establishing as I don't want to cause any upset or embarrassment.

This is an auction...and I'm not in control of the seller's end. I did contact him to see if he would be interested in a job lot offer - but he's said no - as some of the items already had bids.

All I can really do is commit to what seems reasonable on a slide by slide basis closer to the auction completion time. We may get some - we may get none. So far the fighting fund is some way short of Bernard's suggested target, but we do have an offer of  a permanent home in the North East.

I'll pay the piper when the time comes tomorrow, and then trust that each and every is good for their word, up to the 10 limit. We may end up paying 4 each for a half dozen slides - which would be a pity.....to see this collection broken up...but that is life

Thanks to all for your support in this...

Keith
Bernard - suggest you stay off list.....
Feel free to contact me though at [log in to unmask]