The World Association for the History of Veterinary Medicine is pleased to announce its 2016 Young Scholars Award Competition. This is for the best original essay on any topic of relevance to the history of the veterinary field.
First Prize: 1000 Euro plus up to 1000 Euro expenses to present the paper at the WAHVM biennial Congress in Vienna, 27-30 July 2016
Second Prize: 400 Euro
Third Prize: 200 Euro
All prizes will be awarded at the Vienna congress (for details see https://www.vetmeduni.ac.at/de/eava-wahvm-2016/welcome-to-vienna/ ). The first prize winner must attend and present the paper to collect the prize money.
1. Applicants must not be older than 38 years. The award is open to scholars of all educational backgrounds.
2. Submitted papers will be accepted either published (not earlier than Jan. 1st, 2014) or as manuscripts.
3. Papers must not exceed a size of 10,000 words and will be accepted in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian and Dutch (electronic-pdf preferred).
4. Deadline for submission is 28 February 2016. All submitted papers will be reviewed by a jury; deadline for decision will be 31 March 2016. The prize-winners will be notified immediately.
5. Submissions should be sent to the WAHVM President:
Prof. Abigail Woods,
Department of History,
Kings College London,
[log in to unmask]