Help for MECCSA-DISABILITY Archives

MECCSA-DISABILITY Archives

MECCSA-DISABILITY@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

MECCSA-DISABILITY Home

MECCSA-DISABILITY  November 2017

MECCSA-DISABILITY November 2017

Invitation to contribute to Three-D, official MeCCSA newsletter

Einar Thorsen <[log in to unmask]>

MeCCSA Disability Studies Network <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 21 Nov 2017 20:12:57 +0000

Dear MeCCSA members,

We are currently in the process of putting together the next edition of Three-D, the official newsletter of the Media, Communication and Cultural Studies Association (MeCCSA), due to be published in December 2017.

We welcome contributions from our members as outlined below. This is your newsletter and an opportunity to connect with colleagues within your subject association. To have a look at previous editions of the newsletter, please visit the MeCCSA website: http://www.meccsa.org.uk/news/newsletter/

Deadline for all contributions and adverts is Monday 4th December at 10:00.

FEATURES

Each newsletter has a range of feature articles / commentary pieces dealing with contemporary issues and debates.

We are particularly interested in articles on:

* REF2021 decisions (e.g. on staff inclusion and outputs, UoA structure etc)
* marketisation of HE and proposals for a Knowledge Exchange Framework and drive to enhance business engagement
* continued importance of theoretical or critical works

* Brexit negotiations and implications for UK HE (esp. funding collaborations)

* media regulation, governance, ownership, and policy (esp. Fox / Sky merger bid, and FCC elimination of net neutrality)

* sexual assault and harassment in media industry and HE

We of course welcome proposals on other topics as well, so please do get in touch if you have an idea or suggestion.

Feature articles can span as many pages as you wish, but in order to make formatting easier, articles should be in multiples of 500 words (so either 500, 1000, 1500 etc). Features like these are usually 500-1500 words. You can also combine an article with an info box or similar. Articles can be accompanied by images.

ADVERTISING
We accept advertising from external organisations in Three-D. The current rates are:

Up to quarter of a page (1/16 or 1/8th or 1/4): £225
Half a page: £250
Full page: £300

DEADLINE AND SUBMISSIONS
All submissions should be emailed to Einar Thorsen on [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Deadline for all contributions and adverts is early Monday 4th December, although I would greatly appreciate if you could give me an indication as soon as possible if you wish to contribute or not.

All the best,
Einar

Einar Thorsen, PhD
Associate Professor of Journalism and Communication
School of Journalism, English and Communication

Phone:   +44 (0)1202 968838
Twitter:   http://twitter.com/einarthorsen
Website: http://journalismstudies.info

Associate Director, CsJCC
http://research.bournemouth.ac.uk/centre/journalism-culture-and-community/

Communication Officer of MeCCSA:
http://www.meccsa.org.uk/

UK Election Analysis 2017:
http://www.electionanalysis.uk

BU is a Disability Confident Employer and has signed up to the Mindful Employer charter. Information about the accessibility of University buildings can be found on the BU DisabledGo webpages. This email is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email, which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Bournemouth University or its subsidiary companies. Nor can any contract be formed on behalf of the University or its subsidiary companies via email.