MCG February 2012

Re: QR Codes

Christopher Power <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 16 Feb 2012 11:27:43 +0000

Hi there,

With modern smart phone technology, you can load all of the compelling content for your QR application into the smart phone app and need no Wifi technology.  I have tried at
least one which integrates both the QR reader and the content into the same application.

The compelling content is an important one - for the 100 year celebration of the New York Public Library this past Autumn, not a single QR code worked because they led to
dead links on NYPL's own server.

Cheers,
Chris

Christopher Power, PhD.
Lecturer
Human Computer Interaction Research Group
CSE/241, Department of Computer Science
University of York,  Deramore Lane, York YO10 5GH
Phone: +44 (0)1904325673 Fax: +44 (0)1904 432767
Email: [log in to unmask];  Skype: cdspower; Twitter: cdspower
Web: http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/~cpower
UoY Email Disclaimer