MCG February 2012

Re: QR Codes

"Bonewell, Perry" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 15 Feb 2012 14:13:26 +0000

When setting up QR codes does anyone test mobile carrier coverage/signal strength (when wifi isn't provided)?

-----Original Message-----
From: Museums Computer Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jed Howlett
Sent: 13 February 2012 10:26
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: QR Codes

Dear all,

I am a Heritage Documentation Trainee at the Museum of East Anglian Life and I am currently working on creating QR Code content for our new Abbot's Hall displays. As part of my work on this I will be giving a talk about QR Codes and my experiences of working with them at the Demystifying Digital Heritage event at West Suffolk House on April 25th.

I would like to be able to get an idea of how museums staff feel about QR codes. Have you tried to use them and if so how have you made use of them? Has the use of QR codes been a success, failure, or somewhere in between? What sort of visitor feedback have you had? And if you haven't used QR codes are there any specific reasons for this?

Any feedback would be a big help in gaining a clearer picture of how QR codes are (or aren't) being used, and I'll be sure to post my presentation up here after I've done it.

Many thanks,

Jed

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may also be legally privileged. They are intended solely for the intended addressee. If you are not the addressee please e-mail it back to the sender and then immediately, permanently delete it. Do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it. This e-mail may be monitored by Bolton Council in accordance with current regulations.

This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses currently known to Bolton Council. However, the recipient is responsible for virus-checking before opening this message and any attachment.

Unless expressly stated to the contrary, any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Bolton Council.

http://www.bolton.gov.uk
       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg