Re: Two amazing librarian job ads......

"Rogers, Ian" <[log in to unmask]>

Rogers, Ian

Fri, 15 Jun 2012 12:57:37 +0000

Dear All

I can't find any mention of this established international Furley Foundation anywhere, except on their own homepage.

Is this a wind-up or, worse, a set up for some kind of scam?

Hope not - with my size 12 plates and my "firm bust" (ie man-boobs) I'm a natural for the job.

Best wishes
                                Ian

PS Seriously, as librarians we should be able to get to the bottom of this!

-----Original Message-----
From: A general Library and Information Science list for news and discussion. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Katharine Schopflin
Sent: 15 June 2012 13:29
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Two amazing librarian job ads......

Thank you Lauren! You've given us all something to talk about today...

On 15 June 2012 13:04, Lauren Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Yes, to confirm, I spoke to Halo (the recruitment agency) and had an
> in-depth discussion about the requirements for the post, the history
> of the organisation (setting up a new UK base) and the personality of
> the manager of the Foundation. The Reed ad is for the Furley
> Foundation, so both links are for the same post. Here are some more
> links for information (the sites themselves are quite difficult to navigate):
>
> http://barefootpa.webeden.co.uk/#/library/4556662163
>
> "The library is sacred ground..."
>
> http://www.barefootmanager.webeden.co.uk/#/librarian/4564084932
>
> "The library is central to my Foundation. Yours is a particularly
> important job. You need
>    to be both a competent librarian and slip into the tropical style
> like a natural."
>
> http://www.barefootmanager.webeden.co.uk/#/pay-allowances-lib/45640844
> 07
>
> You will be part of my senior management within the
>   Foundation. You have been singled out because of your
>   professional approach to your work, and because you are
>   able to adapt to summer / tropical work-style easily.
>
>    Your senior position  will be signified by:
>
>   * a higher salary
>
>  * slightly more elaborate clothes designs
>
>   * different sandals
>
>   * by an anklet worn on the left ankle
>

>   I will expect you to set the example by wearing  adhering
>   to the  'barefoot standard' at all times within the tropical
>   office in common with the other staff."
>
> "What's the 'barefoot standard'?" you ask?
>
> http://www.barefootstandard.webeden.co.uk/
>
> "YOU will be an elegant, confident and dignified person who carries
> themselves gracefully, with a well-proportioned body and firm bust..."
>
> (and much, much more...)
>
> Lauren

DISCLAIMER: This email is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private and confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, please take no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone. In this case, please reply to this email to highlight the error. Opinions and information in this email that do not relate to the official business of Nottingham Trent University shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University. Nottingham Trent University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus-free, but we do advise that the recipient should check that the email and its attachments are actually virus free. This is in keeping with good computing practice.