LIS-E-RESOURCES@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-E-RESOURCES Home

LIS-E-RESOURCES  May 2010

LIS-E-RESOURCES May 2010

British Journal of Audiology - Informa

Mitchell Dunkley <[log in to unmask]>

An informal open list set up by UKSG - Connecting the Information Community <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 11 May 2010 15:03:26 +0100

I am emailing the list to see if any other institutions have experienced
access problems with British Journal of Audiology/International Journal
of Audiology. Both publications transferred platforms at the start of
2010 - they were formerly hosted on InformaWorld, but were moved to the
new Informa Healthcare site in January 2010.

DMU has a current 2010 print/online subscription to International
Journal of Audiology. Access to IJA is via the Informa HC site at the
following URL - http://www.informahealthcare.com/loi/ija. DMU has access
rights to IJA content from 1962 onwards.

The IJA was created in 2002 by a merger (or should that be coalition) of
three different titles - British Journal of Audiology, Audiology and
Scandinavian Audiology. There is a separate page on the Informa HC site
for the British Journal of Audiology -
http://www.informahealthcare.com/loi/bjap. Prior to the move to Informa
HC, DMU was allowed access to BJA full text content on InformaWorld. DMU
has had past subscriptions to BJA, but I estimate this was based upon
print-only orders. Since the BJA transferred platforms, full text access
has been removed by Informa HC.

DMU has been attempting to seek official clarification from Informa HC
as to what access rights we have, if any, to BJA. We have also been
attempting to gain an insight into how much it would cost us to access
the BJA archive electronically. This query has been unresolved for
several months now. I have emailed Informa HC a number of times but have
only received replies stating that our query has been forwarded to
Informa tech support. I escalated the query to my supervisor - and they
have also received similar replies from Informa HC. I was compelled to
email the list after my supervisor received an Informa "customer
satisfaction" survey via email this afternoon!

Have any other academic libraries lost access to BJA as a result of the
platform move outlined above at the start of 2010? DMU have been
emailing the Informa email adresss - [log in to unmask] If
anyone knows of a different address to try, then any assistance would be
appreciated.

Please feel free to contact me off-list at [log in to unmask]

Thanks

Mitchell Dunkley

Principal Information Assistant - Acquisitions

Bibliographic Services Team

Kimberlin Library

De Montfort University

The Gateway