ALDinHE

Christine Keenan <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 11 Jun 2012 17:47:50 +0100

Dear everyone

The Learning Development movement is going from strength to strength.  We had a great annual conference again this year and next year we celebrate our 10th annual conference. Who knows where the time goes..

We are currently busy with the digital literacies project and hopefully you are contributing your animation challenges, plus the professional development blog continues to be the most amazing resource.  We have re-vamped the LearnHigher website and continue to represent our network and Association members on the big national initiatives such as the UK Quality Code for Higher Education.

There is one further bit of news to let you know.  Dr Michelle Reid, who has done a huge amount of work for ALDinHE particularly in the area of Professional Development, is stepping down as chair of the Professional Development working group at the end of June, and, as vice-chair of ALDinHE from now.   Under Michelle's leadership the PD working group has really excelled and as Chair of ALDinHE I know I will miss her very much indeed.

Whilst we wish Michelle continued success in everything she goes forward with, this does mean some change for ALDinHE.   I am a believer that change is good as well, and so I would like to welcome Janette Myers who will take over as chair of the Professional Development group at the end of June.

I am very happy to announce also, that Kerry Bellamy has been appointed to the role of vice-chair of ALDinHE.  Kerry will bring her special brand of exuberance to the role, and I am very much looking forward to working with you Kerry as we continue to represent this wonderful network of learning developers.  I am sure you will all join me in wishing Janette and Kerry every success in their new roles.

Best wishes
Chris

Christine Keenan FHEA
Chair of the Association for Learning Development in Higher Education
Learning and Teaching Fellow
School of Design, Engineering & Computing
Bournemouth University
Poole House
Fern Barrow
Poole  Dorset