RepNet workshop at OR12

Andrew Dorward <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 6 Jun 2012 10:12:10 +0100

UK RepositoryNet workshop at OR12 conference
We would welcome your input into the wave 2 of services for the UK RepositoryNet+ project at our workshop at the OR12 conference in Edinburgh from July 10th-12th. People who should attend: Repository Managers; publishers; research funders; research managers. The workshop will take place from 9.00-12.00 on Tuesday 10th July and bookings can be made here:
http://www.or2012.eventbrite.com/
The workshop is structured in such a way to admit part-attendance at different sessions, eg showcasing current functionality, wave 2 functionality, plenary session for people wishing to attend the concurrent workshops on D-SPACE and COAR.

UK RepositoryNet+ (RepNet) is a JISC-funded project to support Open Access publishing through a UK national service based around Institutional Repositories. This half-day workshop will showcase all of the service components comprising the launch of the UK RepositoryNet+ platform for institutional repositories at OR12. We will present all of the service components for Wave 1 including functionality for search, reporting and deposit tools, as well as an overall vision for what the final service will comprise in January 2013. The first half of the workshop will comprise presentations of components already in service or under development. In the second half, we will break into working groups comprising representatives from existing service partners, RepNet team members, publishers, funders and repository managers to critique current services and to suggest ideas for Wave 2 service. The workshop will finish with a plenary session to present and gather ideas. Presenters will include: UK RepNet project; Mimas (University of Manchester); SHERPA (University of Nottingham); EDINA (University of Edinburgh); UKOLN (University of Bath).