Re: FALKLAND ISLANDS BREWING DISPUTE

David Phillips <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 10 Feb 2012 18:55:11 -0800

This dispute is not brewing, it was brewed years ago, and is now stale beer
and distinctly moldy.

The unanimous self-identification and insistence of a population that has
been on site for 150+ years should be dispositive.  Any other solution,
contravening the right of self-determination of the islanders, really would
be "colonialist."  They absolutely didn't want to be Argentine in 1982, and
they still don't.  So they don't have to be.  Let there be a plebiscite if
anyone doubts this.

David Phillips
San Francisco

-----Original Message-----
From: International boundaries discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Len Nadybal
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2012 6:35 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: FALKLAND ISLANDS BREWING DISPUTE

That's been brewing in my mind over the last few days, too.
I kept thinking, boy, those Argentinians really must hate having
competition.
LN

Boulton, John (Warwick) (CIV) wrote:
> Am I the only one who would like to see a change in the subject line of
this discussion from "Falkland Islands Brewing Dispute", which it certainly
isn't? If only it were no more than that! Perhaps appropriate punctuation
could be agreed between "Islands" and "Dispute", or alternatively  a
syntactical modification negotiated, such the slightly less confusing
Brewing Falkland Islands Dispute.

> Warwick Boulton
> US Naval Postgraduate School
> Monterey
[[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Roger McCutcheon

              http://www.doteasy.com