EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS July 1999

re: FW: OLE Automation

"Mark Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 18 Jul 1999 18:39:07 -0400

I think you're right about the missing system files.  Either .tlb, .olb,
or .dll files are most likely missing.  Another generated error I failed
to mention is "Function isn't available in expressions in query expression
'Mid([NEW]![DESCRIPTION],11,4)'".  You see I'm using the Mid function to
retrieve a substring and assign it to another column in the table.  Access
has a problem with the 'Mid' function as well.

Thanks,
Mark Glenn
GTE
Information Technology
Enterprise Systems
Network Systems
Office  : (813)978-4151
Pager   : (813)213-0266 pin#1512121
MC      : FLTDSE3B
Internet: [log in to unmask]
-------------
Original Text
From: "David Hedrick Skarjune" <[log in to unmask]>, on 7/18/99 10:46 AM:
"Can't find project or library" usually indicates that an object library,
DLL, is missing from the installed machine.  If you check Tools-References
in the VBA Editor on the installed machine, you should see it flag one of
the References as "missing".  You will need to rerun the Office Setup on
that machine to get the DLL installed and registered.

Or, perhaps you are using some ActiveX control or some other object that
is
not properly referenced or registered.  Check the References on your
Development machine, if you cannot trace the error on the Installed
machine.

-David Hedrick Skarjune