ArcView and AtlasGIS

Brian Nicholls <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 26 Feb 1999 10:55:58 -0600 (CST)

TEXT/PLAIN

I apologize for the repeated posting, but I wasn't sure my previous
message had gotten through.

-------------------

I am trying to convert agf files from AtlasGis into shp
files to import them into ArcView 3.0/3.1.
I have down loaded the translater application that is suppose to let me
accomplish this task. Unfortunately, I have as yet been successful in
converting any of my files.

I have been able to run through the translater application, Agfshp, and it
does actually create the shape file, but there is no geo/spatial data,
which consequently creates a blank view.

One of the steps that the translator app. requires, is identifying the
layer designation, in the form of a number or a name. The translator
program has an option that allows a listing of the layer inormation for
each file. However, no file information is presented for my files. When I
open them in AtlasGis the layer information is there.

If anyone has any suggestions or have had success bringing AtlasGis files
into ArcView, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brian

Brian D. Nicholls
Historic Resource Management Services
Department of Anthropology
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
PO Box 413
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201
Phone: 414.229.2391    FAX: 414.229.4219
Email: [log in to unmask]