Spring Into Action in 1999 with Springboard
- a personal development plan for women
2 February * 16 March * 14 April & 17 May
What is Springboard?
Winner of the National Training Award in recognition of quality and
excellence, Springboard is a personal development event specifically aimed
at women outside of management. It helps you decide what you want to do with
your life and then equips you with a positive attitude and the necessary
skills to do it - putting you in control.
The programme consists of:
* A 300 page workbook - packed with ideas, examples and exercises for
you to work through in your own time
* 4 one day workshops - spread over three months to support the
material covered in the workbook and to help you put the method into
* Role models - real life examples of women who may inspire you.
* Networking - to build up your range of contacts both inside and
outside the organisation
Who is Springboard for?
Springboard is a development event for women of all ages, experience and
backgrounds. It is perfect for those of you:
* returning to work after a career break
* seeking promotion/employment
* looking to address personal issues in the workplace
Women in management positions may find the programme useful to reassess
their objectives and set new goals.
What can Springboard do for me?
Springboard offers the ideal opportunity for you to:
* assess your skills and abilities and determine what you would like
to do/change in your life
* set realistic personal/work goals and determine how you will achieve
* boost your confidence
* become more assertive
* balance your home and work life more effectively
* reflect on issues that matter to YOU, allowing you to set your own
* make what you want happen
How can Springboard benefit your employer?
Previous participants on Springboard courses have:
* become more motivated - increasing their job satisfaction and
* taken control of their own development
* become aware of their own strengths and found ways to make the most
* been able to work on their weaknesses and develop previously
* develop networking skills
* improved their communication skills
* become more assertive
* been able to accept more responsibility
* become more resourceful
Programme Leader: Valerie Fawcett
Valerie is an independent consultant who has been running Springboard
courses since 1991. She worked for 15 years in publishing and has extensive
experience of managing people and resources. Since leaving publishing 8
years ago Valerie has trained extensively in personal development and now
specialises in personal development training, interpersonal skills training
and development for both women managers and non managers alike.
Comments from previous participants
"The assertiveness training was excellent, as were the practical exercises"
"It has changed my life tremendously, and is still doing so"
"Every time the group got back together you could see how much we were
"It really made me look at myself as an individual and assess what I was
doing with my life. It pointed me in the right direction".
"It gave me a real boost. I feel as if I'm getting so much more out of both
my personal and work life".
LA Personal members £400 plus VAT (£70.00) £470.00
LA Institutional members £484 plus VAT (£84.70) £568.70
Non members £560 plus VAT (£98.00) £658.00
LA Student/unwaged £100 plus VAT (£117.50)
Reserve your place now! by calling Professional Development on 0171 636 7543
ext. 288/9 or email us at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>