ACUPUNCTURE 1999

Re: Scalp Acupuncture & Cerebral Palsy

"Simon Strauss" <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 5 Mar 1999 11:49:00 -0800

Hi everyone,
re Cerebral Palsy : I remember treating a couple of children with CP.
One child did especially well in that his troublesome archilles tendonitis
due to spasm was well relieved.His neck tightness and spasticity also
improved.
I treated the prominent Trigger Points in the affected musculature in
combination with classical/traditional distal points.
He has gone on to graduate from Law. I met his mother a Dr and she was still
enthused some 15 yearslater.
Simon
-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, 3 March 1999 8:16
Subject: Re: Scalp Acupuncture & Cerebral Palsy

Hi All, and Hi Joseph Balensi <[log in to unmask]>

> Subject: Scalp Acupuncture & Cerebral Palsy The University of
> Arizona has a small grant for a pilot study using scalp acupuncture to
> treat children diagnosed with cerebral palsy. Treament protocols are
> especially needed but any relevant material or leads thereto will be
> welcomed. Joseph Balensi <[log in to unmask]> Thank you all, Joe

Joseph, I have never treated someone with Cerebral Palsy.

However, I will cross-post your query to another list
([log in to unmask]) and ask input from that list also.

Meanwhile, see the bibliography at:
http://users.med.auth.gr/~karanik/english/articles/cerpalsy.html

Best regards,

Phil Rogers MRCVS,
Grange Research Centre, Teagasc,
Dunsany, Co. Meath, Ireland

Work Tel: 353-46-25214 ; Email: [log in to unmask]; Fax: 353-46-26154

Home Tel: 353-1-6281222; Email: [log in to unmask]