HUMOUR-RESEARCH 1999

Summer Housekeeping

Jason Rutter <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 21 Jun 1999 10:18:22 +0100

The summer vacation is coming which means people go on holiday, change jobs
and do lots of other stuff to make me jealous.  However, before you do any
of these things can you please consider what you are going to do with you
subscription to humour-research.  A couple of minutes of you part saves me
a good deal time sorting out defunct e-mail addresses and picking through
reasons why so much mail is getting returned.

Below are a few pointer from mailbase.  If anyone needs any further info or
wants me to update their subscribed e-mail address please let me know.

Jase

Going on Holiday?
If you leave your work for an extended period over summer, and receive a
lot of email messages, your mailbox may fill up, and your email could stop
working.
So before you go away you may wish to temporarily SUSPEND messages from
your Mailbase lists by sending this message to [log in to unmask]
        suspend mail all
        stop
On your return, you can RESUME mail by sending this message to
        resume mail all
        stop
For more information, see:
        http://www.mailbase.ac.uk/docs/user-suspend.html

Remember, you can use the web archives to catch up on any messages you may
have missed. Alternatively you can retrieve old email archives by email.
Vacation Mailers
Some people use a 'vacation mailer' which sends out an automatic reply to
all incoming mail.
Although a correctly configured vacation mailer should never send a
message to a discussion list, nor should it send more than one message to
the same address, we have had problems in the past where lists have been
flooded by these automatic messages.
So, if you are going to use a vacation mailer, PLEASE SUSPEND MAIL from
all Mailbase lists before you go on holiday.
Leaving the list
If you want to leave this list, please send a message to:
with this text in the body of the message
        leave HUMOUR-RESEARCH
        stop