HUMOUR-RESEARCH 1999

Two questions

[log in to unmask] (Ken Price)

Thu, 4 Feb 1999 15:45:59 +1100

Hello colleagues,

In developing my dissertation I have encountered two questions which might
be answerable by some list member.

1
In a paper I am referring to (Charles Burford 1987  Humour of Principals
and its impact on teachers and the school, Journal of educational
Administration, 25(10), 29-49) reference is made to a news release of a
report by the National Association of Secondary School Principals in
Washington in Feb 1984 which found sense of humour was the third highest
prized teacher characteristic according to secondary school students.
As
(a) I wish to maintain academic rigour by using primary sources
and
(b) as soon as I mention it to teachers they will ask what the first and
second most prized characteristics were,
I am seeking anyone who may have access to the full report.  It is not on
NASSPs web site as far as I can tell.

2,Is anyone aware of current research looking at interpreting children's
capacity or otherwise to comprehend humour, in terms of SSTH or GVT. (that
is, isolating those SSTH/GVTH components which appear to limit childrens
capacity to perceive humour for developmental reasons?)

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Ken Price
University of Tasmania
Australia