Help for HUMOUR-RESEARCH Archives

HUMOUR-RESEARCH Archives

HUMOUR-RESEARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

HUMOUR-RESEARCH Home

HUMOUR-RESEARCH  1999

HUMOUR-RESEARCH 1999

Competition for ISHS Conference Sites--2001, 2002

Don Nilsen <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 04 Jun 1999 09:57:26 -0700

1). The 11th International ISHS Humor Conference
	will be held from June 29-July 3, 1999 at
	Holy Names College in Oakland, California.
	The web site is: 	<http://www.hnc.edu/events/humor99>
2). The 12th International ISHS Humor Conference
	will be held from July 24-July 28, 2000 at
	Kansai University in Osaka, Japan.  The web
	site is:
	<http://www.edu.kutc.kansai-u.ac.jp/ISHS2000>
3). *The 13th International ISHS Humor Conference
	will be held in the United States during the
	year 2001.  We are now accepting formal
	proposals (SEE BELOW)*
4). *The 14th International ISHS Humor Conference
	will be held outside of the United States
	during the year 2002.  We are now accepting
	formal proposals (SEE BELOW)*
*Formal proposals must meet the guidelines of the
	ISHS Constitution as published in the 9.3-4
	issue of HUMOR: INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF
	HUMOR RESEARCH.  Tese guidelines include the 	following:
1). A curriculum vita for the proposed
	CHAIR/CONVENOR showing scholarly
	contributions to humor studies
2). Description of the conference site
3). Tentative information about housing, costs,
	meals, etc.
4). Proposed refereeing procedure for papers.
5). Description of special topics or fuocus
	areas to be pursued at the conference,
	i.e., what will make this conference
	stand out?
6). Letter of support from proposed host agency
	or institution
7). Letters of support from cooperating agencies,
	institutions and/or individuals
Anyone who might be interested in making a
	proposal should consult the constitution
	in HUMOR 9.3-4 (pages 431-440), or request
	a copy of the constitution from me.
If any other members of the International Society
	for Humor Studies are interested in receiving
	copies of the ISHS constitution, I will be
	happy to send them copies.

Don L. F. Nilsen, Executive Secretary
International Society for Humor Studies
English Linguistics, Arizona State Univ.
Tempe, AZ 85287-0302
<[log in to unmask]>; 480/965-7592
FAX: 480/965-3451