HUMOUR-RESEARCH  1999

HUMOUR-RESEARCH 1999

Pointer needed

Tue, 26 Jan 1999 14:34:00 EST

I am a new contributor to this list, a writer very deeply involved in the
subject of therapeutic humour as a family support and tie in moments of
tragedy and grief.
A few years ago I met a would-be children's TV producer who gave me a complete
medico/scientific report defining therapeutic humour. It gave the science of
therapeutic humour a name, and a definitive breakdown of the physical and
psychological effects of laughter as a therapy for ill-health and
mental/emotional stress.
It surprised me, because at that stage I had no idea such a science existed,
and it thrilled me to find that it did.
Unfortunately, I lost the document, and now that I need the information in it
my mind's a complete blank.
If there's anyone who can advise me on this, or give me a pointer to where I
might be able to find what I want, I'd deeply appreciate it.
With regards. Derek Maitland.