HUMOUR-RESEARCH 1999

RE: <no subject>

Arthur Asa Berger <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:40:30 -0800

You might find the typology elaborated in my book An Anatomy
of Humor useful...you can apply the techniques to visual phenomena
as well as linguistic ones. (Transaction Books)

Arthur Asa Berger

At 06:24 PM 11/10/99 -0000, you wrote:
>Thankyou for replying, I shall look up your book and find out the pitfalls
>of incongruity theory! It sounds like it will be very useful. I am
>interested to know how you think humorous photographs might function, if not
>through concepts of incongruity?
>
>Philip Welding.
>
>> ----------

Arthur Asa Berger, Ph.D.
Professor of Broadcast & Electronic Communication Arts
San Francisco State University
E-Mail:	[log in to unmask]
Tel: (415) 338-1788 (Dept. Office)
OFFICE FAX: (209) 671-3537 (FAXWAVE Internet Fax Program)

NOTE:  I will be on leave the Spring semester.
You can get my comic mystery novels THE HAMLET CASE at Fatbrain.com
and MURDER AD NAUSEAM, at my website www.jps.net/aaberger
Some of my articles are available at
http://beca.sfsu.edu/beca/faculty/berger