HUMOUR-RESEARCH 1999

Re: First contact from Marseilles

Arthur Asa Berger <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 13 Oct 1999 09:01:51 -0700

Mederic:

What has your research found about Marseillian humor?
A mixture of things like boo-ya-bess?

Arthur Asa Berger

At 05:15 PM 10/13/99 CEST, you wrote:
>Bonjour tout le monde !
>My name is Mederic Gasquet-Cyrus, I'm a french student in sociolinguistics
>in Aix, at the "Universite de Provence", south of France. I prepare a
>"doctorat" thesis on the following subject : "l'humour marseillais" (humor
>of Marseilles, the city where I live), with the Pr. Louis-Jean Calvet.
>I hope I should discuss with many of you ; I've read many of the books
>written by the members of this list, and I'm glad to be able, now, to speak
>with you and to exchange some ideas or some results of research.
>If someone is interested to "chat" ("tchatcher", as we say in Marseilles
>!...) with me, I will be so happy !!!
>See you, thanks for your help ...
>Mederic.

Arthur Asa Berger, Ph.D.
Professor of Broadcast & Electronic Communication Arts
San Francisco State University
E-Mail:	[log in to unmask]
Tel: (415) 338-1788 (Dept. Office)
OFFICE FAX: (209) 671-3537 (FAXWAVE Internet Fax Program)

NOTE:  I will be on leave the Spring semester.
You can get my comic mystery novels THE HAMLET CASE at Fatbrain.com
and MURDER AD NAUSEAM, at my website www.jps.net/aaberger
Some of my articles are available at
http://beca.sfsu.edu/beca/faculty/berger