GEM 1999

National Training Day

Robin Clutterbuck <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 16 Feb 1999 17:11:44 +0000

Apologies if details of this forthcoming Training Day have already
reached you through GEM News.

If you prefer, rather than use the post, you can copy the form below and
e-mail back to me (NOT TO THE WHOLE LIST!) with the details filled in
where you see this *.

Robin Clutterbuck

NATIONAL TRAINING DAY : 'Early learners and museums'

At the Heritage Motor Centre, Warwick, Thursday 20th May 1999

This training day will address the needs of two major audiences for
museums: pre-school and Key Stage 1 children.  Both groups are currently
under-represented in most museums but there is a growing awareness of
their importance.  They offer a chance for us to establish positive
attitudes to museums within children at an early age; they allow us to
develop learning skills without the subject constraints imposed by the
National Curriculum in later years, making museums take their
educational role very seriously; and above all visits from young
children are fun!

Speakers will include Gillian Watson from the Qualifications and
Curriculum Authority, Viv Moriarti from the London Institute of
Education, Jo Graham (early years consultant) and input from museum
services around the country.  The Heritage Motor Centre itself has won
an Interpret Britain award for its Key Stage 1 programme, besides
offering excellent conference facilities within easy reach of all parts
of the country by road and rail.

Booking form
Please copy and complete a separate booking form for each person
attending.
Return to Robin Clutterbuck, The Castle, Seymour Road, Newton Abbot,
Devon TQ12 2PU (or fax to 01626 333144) by Friday 26th March.

Name *
Organisation *
Address *
Postcode *
Tel *
Fax *

GEM membership

I am member of GEM *Y/N (Student *Y/N; Honorary *Y/N; Personal *Y/N;
Institutional *Y/N). Membership no. (if known)*

I am not a member of GEM *Y/N. Please send me information about becoming
a member of GEM *Y/N.

Lunch
This is included in the cost for the day.  Please describe any special
dietary requirements *

Administration and payment
The cost of the day will be 35 (45 for non-members of GEM, 10
refundable if you join), to include lunch.  An invoice will be sent to
you on receipt of this booking form. Please note that payment is
required by Friday 14th May 1999 to guarantee your place.  Full details
of the programme, location etc. will be sent to booked participants in
April.

Expectations
To help us to address the needs of people attending, please note your
reasons for interest in this course.
*