Temporary Performance Review Co-ordinator (1 Year)
Scottish Homes, Edinburgh
Salary: circa £22,000
An excellent opportunity has arisen within Scottish Homes Registration & Supervision Department for a Performance Review Co-ordinator.
Based in the Central Support Team in Thistle House, you will primarily co-ordinate the Annual Performance & Statistical Return (APSR) and provide sector wide analysis of
registered Social Landlord (RSL) performance. The APSR is a major contributor to the overall assessment of RSL performance as it allows us to monitor the performance of individual RSLs between Performance Audits and to collect comparative data in the form of performance indicators.
The work of the Central Support Team has become increasingly important in the context of the performance culture and commitment to Best Value. The post is being offered initially for one-year. Over the course of the year the role of the Central Support Team will be fully reviewed and a decision taken on the long-term future of this post.
Main Duties/Key Result Areas
1. Provide sector wide analysis of the performance of Registered Social Landlords (RSLs).
2. Develop, issue, quality control and analyse annual performance and statistical returns.
3. Ensure quality management of statistical data and information through appropriate IT systems.
4. Contribute to the production of a series of innovative topic based Best Value studies
5. Produce the Annual Statistical Report.
6. Contribute to the adhoc information service for internal and external customers
7. Contribute to the delivery of the Registration & Supervision Annual Report
8. Prepare and issue guidance to RSLs.
9. Co-ordinate the development and reporting of R&S= internal targets.
10. Supervise the duties of administrative staff and oversee the processing of Scottish Homes statutory consents and rule changes.
Ideally, applicants should be educated to Degree level or possess a relevant Professional Qualification.
Job Experience/Specialised Knowledge
11. Experience in using a range of computer software (e.g. Access, Excel, SPSS).
12. Experience in the analysis, interpretation and reporting of performance and financial information.
13. An understanding of Performance Measurement Techniques including the development and use of Performance Indicators and Benchmarks.
Skills and Personal Qualities
This is a diverse and demanding post which requires a person with a wide range of skills. Ideally the successful candidate should: -
14. Have a background in information analysis, performance measurement or finance.
15. Have a high degree of computer literacy and the ability to acquire new IT skills easily.
16. Be highly numerate.
17. Have good report writing skills.
18. Have strong organisational and administrative skills and be able to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
19. Have a flexible working style and be self-motivated and innovative.
20. Be a confident communicator.
These are the ideal requirements for the job. However, if you believe you have some of the skills and experience and have an interest in this area, we would be willing to consider your application. You would, however, need to display ability to learn quickly and be motivated to develop into this role.
Closing date for completed applications is Monday 19th April 1999. To apply, please forward your CV to Karen Robertson, Performance Review Manager, Thistle House, 91 Haymarket Terrace, Edinburgh, EH12 5HE.
Please contact Karen Robertson if you wish to discuss this post informally:Tel: 0131-479-5288
Email: [log in to unmask]