Help for EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS Archives

EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS Archives

EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS Home

EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS  October 1998

EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS October 1998

RE: Two probs, ODBC and close statement - 2nd problem only

"Simon Brown" <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:54:31 +0000

Re problem 2: You wrote

> I have two different workbooks, and I want them to follow on from one
another.
> The problem I have is Workbook A has the lines
>
> Workbooks.Open FileName:="B.xls"
> Application.Run "B.xls!Auto_Open"
> (Then file B is loaded)
>
> and the opening lines of workbook B are:
>
> Sub Auto_Open()
> On Error Resume Next
> Workbooks("a.xls").Close SaveChanges:=False < Stops Here
> Line of Code
> Line of Code
>
> How do I get the program to not stop at the point shown above and
continue
> with
> the rest of the code? Workbook A has to be closed, and I have tried
> Auto_Close
> but it does not work.

I have tested this briefly in Excel7. (won't work in 5)

In WB1 code
Workbooks.Open FileName:="B.xls"
Thisworkbook.Close savechanges:=false

in WB2 -attach code to the open event for the workbook object itself - This
code will still run before workbook1 closes

------------

Hope this helps, although I suspect you want WB1 to close before the code
starts running in WB2.

Simon

_____________________________
Rank Group Holidays Division operates the following brands in the UK and
abroad; Haven, Haven Europe, Butlin's, Warner, Oasis and Resorts USA. It is
part of The Rank Group Plc

The Rank Group Plc
6 Connaught Place, London W2 2EZ, Great Britain
Registered in England  No.3140769

Notice of Confidentiality
The email (and its attachment(s) if any) is intended for the named
addressee(s) only.  It contains information which may be confidential
and/or privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the
addressee) you may not read, copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else.
Unauthorised use, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful.
If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender by
telephone immediately (0171 706 1111) and delete the message from your
email system.