Help for BRITARCH Archives

BRITARCH Archives

BRITARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

BRITARCH Home

BRITARCH  July 1998

BRITARCH July 1998

Re: Replies to 'depressing state of affairs'

John Wood <[log in to unmask]>

John Wood <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 29 Jul 1998 21:11:12 +0100

Just a point to make in reply to this.  Here in Highland we write into
our specifications for all dveloper-funded work that the contractor must
present the results to local people within a specified time after the
end of the project.  many of them choose to do this as part of our
Archaeology week but others make different arrangements.  Of course,
where archaeological watching briefs on the construction of one-off
bungalows produce nothing (we get pleanty of those) there's nothing to
tell.  But big developments in / around Inverness have led to some
excellent contributions to our annual free 'What's new in Highland
Archaeology' seminar.  Come and see or hear this for yourselves: the
next seminar is on 8-9 August.  Details from me.

In message <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
cnty.gov.uk writes

--
John Wood