HUMOUR-RESEARCH 1998

RE: Greetings and Request for info

Don Nilsen <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 04 Oct 1998 10:37:58 -0700

TO DEAN KLEMICK AND ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED:
	I have a bibliography on Humor and Business, which includes
Organizational Humor.  I also have a bibliography on Humor and Stress.
These bibliographies are available to anyone who wants them.

Don L. F. Nilsen, Executive Secretary
International Society for Humor Studies
English Linguistics, Arizona State Univ.
Tempe, AZ 85287-0302
<[log in to unmask]>; 602/965-7592
FAX: 602/965-3451

-----Original Message-----
From: Dean Klemick [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, October 04, 1998 12:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Greetings and Request for info

This is just a quick hello message to the list :)

I subscribed a few weeks ago now and haven't seen any activity so I thought
I'd take the initiative and send just a short message.

I was also wondering if anyone on the list had done any research or read any
papers regarding the use of humour at an organisational level as a stress
management or empowerment tool / strategy ?

I'm currently researching/writing a small paper on this topic and would love
to share ideas on the area.

Dean
ICQ #13823664

"Sometimes I find it useful to make jokes,
then your brain becomes more open.
It's helpful to get new ideas.
If you think too seriously,
your brain somehow is closed."