HUMOUR-RESEARCH 1998

Re: Humour Bibliography

"Marte Fallshore" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 2 Nov 1998 08:34:15 +0000

Arthur--

Attached are a couple of things I give to my students to help them
through writing problems (I try to show them how writing can go
wrong). Is this the sort of thing you are looking for. I have also
included some "classics" gleaned from exams, etc. over the years. I
will try them as attachments; if that doesn't work, I will copy them
over to an email. Let me know. Also, I have more if this is the sort
of thing you want.

Marte Fallshore

> Thanks for the suggestions...I scrounged a few bloopers
> out of the list...but there don't seem to be many
> college level bloopers around and many of the ones I've
> found haven't been very amusing.
>
> No matter...I persevere.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Arthur
>
> PS:  I both sent e-mail messages and called Alta Mira
> so you should be getting your books before the Millenium.
>

> At 05:06 PM 10/21/98 +0100, you wrote:
> >The message <[log in to unmask]>
> >  from  Arthur Asa Berger <[log in to unmask]> contains these words:
> >
> >Hi Arthur,
> >
> >> I'm looking for some college level bloopers/boners...
> >> and wonder whether you know where I might find some.
> >
> >The only thing that really jumps to mind is Don & Alleen's "Appeal of
> >Bloopers" which is in one of the 1994 issues of _Humor_.
> >
> >However, there may be something in the following:
> >
> >Downs, VC. Javidi, MM. Nuddbaum, JF., Analysis of Teachers' Verbal
> >Communication Within the College Classroom: Use of Humor,
> >Self-Disclosure and Narratives, Communication Education, 1988, 37(2),
> >pp.127-141
> >
> >Rovit, E, College Humor and the Modern Audience "in Cohen, SB. "Comic
> >Relief: Humor in Contemporary American Literature", 1978, Wayne State
> >University Press, Detroit, pp.238-248
> >
> >I've finally managed to get the time and the skills together to
> >develop a search tool for the bibliographic database so it may be
> >useful for you to take a quick poke around with that and see if it
> >turns up anything else of interest.  Let me know if its of any use.
> >

> >> Will you be coming to Oakland for the Humor conference?
> >
> >I'm afraid not.  The burglary pretty much cleared me out financially
> >so there's no funds for conferences that I can't get funding towards.
> > I had really hoped to get to the conference this time having missed
> >out last year and get a chance to present some of the PhD stuff.
> >Looks as though I'll just have to start saving up for Japan.  Do you
> >know where the 2000 conference is going to be?
> >
> >Cheers for now.
> >
> >Jase

Marte Fallshore
Assistant Professor
Department of Psychology
Central Washington University
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7575
509/963-3670; FAX: 509/963-2307

"The secret to a happy life is continuous small treats."
     --Iris Murdoch

My philosophy: I teach for free; they pay me to grade

"Everyone has the right to make an ass of themselves. You can't let the world judge you too much."
        --Maude in the movie Harold & Maude

The following section of this message contains a file attachment prepared for transmission using the Internet MIME message format. If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any another MIME-compliant system, you should be able to save it or view it from within your mailer. If you cannot, please ask your system administrator for assistance.    ---- File information -----------      File: classics.wpd      Date: 30 Oct 1998, 11:37      Size: 7166 bytes.      Type: WordPerfect
The following section of this message contains a file attachment prepared for transmission using the Internet MIME message format. If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any another MIME-compliant system, you should be able to save it or view it from within your mailer. If you cannot, please ask your system administrator for assistance.    ---- File information -----------      File: HEADLINE      Date: 31 Aug 1995, 8:57      Size: 2252 bytes.      Type: WordPerfect