HUMOUR-RESEARCH 1998

Re: Humour Bibliography

Arthur Asa Berger <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 20 Oct 1998 08:26:52 -0700

Dear Jason:

I'm looking for some college level bloopers/boners...
and wonder whether you know where I might find some.

Will you be coming to Oakland for the Humor conference?

Cheers,

Arthur

At 02:14 PM 10/14/97 +0100, you wrote:

>Don L. F. Nilsen                                  8-)
><[log in to unmask]> (602) 965-7592; FAX: (602) 965-3451
>Executive Secretary
>International Society for Humor Studies
>English Department
>Arizona State University
>Tempe, AZ 85287-0302

>Well, after the long wait the Printed version of _Laughingly Referred
>To..._ is finally on its way.  I've been told that it should be available
>in about two weeks time but I don't have full details on price at the
>moment.  However, I know it will be both a bargain and an ideal present for
>all humour researchers.
>
>Full details, when available, on price, ordering, etc. can be obtained from
>Mary Byrne at <[log in to unmask]>.
>
>For those not already familiar with the bibliography "Laughingly Referred
>To.." is an interdisciplinary bibliography of published work in the field
>of humour studies.  It  now contains over 3700 individual references and
>the printed version runs to approximately 290 pages.
>
>The bibliography is divided into the following manner:
>
>CONTENTS
>
>PREFACE
>
>AGE
>     Adolescence
>     Children's Comprehension of Cartoons
>     Developmental Perspectives
>     Children's Humour
>     Children's Cognition and Perception of Incongruity
>     Laughter in Children
>     Smiling in Infants and Children
>     Children's Verbal Humour
>     Old Age and Gerontology
>
>APPLICATIONS
>     Humour Skills
>     Humour, Teaching and Training
>     Humour in the Workplace
>
>CULTURE
>     Cross-Cultural Analyses
>     Humour in Communication
>     Clowns and Circuses
>     Historical Perspectives on Humour
>     Joke Cycles
>     Laughter
>     Play and Sport
>     Political Humour
>     Religious Humour
>     Smiling
>     Social Aspects of Humour
>
>ETHNICITY
>     North and South American
>     Australian
>     African, "Negro" and Afro-American
>     Canadian
>     English
>     East European and Russian
>     European
>     Jewish
>     Asian and Oriental
>     Ethnic Humour Theory
>
>GENDER
>     Feminist Analyses of Humour
>     Humour and Relationships
>     Sex and Gender Differences
>     Sexist Humour and Representations
>     Women's Humour
>
>HEALTH AND PHYSICAL ASPECTS
>     Biological and Genetic Perspectives
>     Humour and Disability
>     Humour and Well Being
>     Humour and Mental Health
> [...]
Be on the lookout for my forthcoming comic mystery Postmortem for a
Postmodernist
which will be published by AltaMira Press (a branch of Sage Publications).
Also,
another one of my mysteries, Murder Ad Hominem, will be "published" one
chapter per week on my page on the Internet...It should start around mid-May
or so.