New Batch Nodes available for testing

Andrew Sansum <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 20 Feb 1998 15:52:44 -0000

The new C200 machines are now available for testing. A queue cpqT
is available and will run jobs up to 10000 seconds in length. Please
give it a go and let me know how you get on (either succesful or
otherwise). I will also be interested to know what gain in CPU
performance you see compared to a HP 712.

One thing to note: code compiled on the C200 will not run
on the other parts of the farm. On the C200, you will almost
certainly see a message:

/usr/ccs/bin/ld: (Warning) At least one PA 2.0 object file was detected

this is nothing to worry about.

Andrew Sansum
CSF manager