Re: Preventing Spam on Ads-All

Andrew Millard <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 5 Sep 1997 17:36:32 +0100 (BST)

TEXT/PLAIN

On Fri, 5 Sep 1997, Alicia Wise wrote:

> One strategy we have for preventing spam messages from being sent is to
> make ads-all a 'moderated' mail list.  This means all messages posted to
> the list will first be sent to the owners for approval.  We would then
> manually forward on non-spam messages to the rest of you.
>
> I would like to propose that we make ads-all a moderated list to prevent
> spamming, but would first like to know if any list members have
> objections.  If you feel strongly one way or the other about this,
> could you please post an email stating your opinion by Friday, September 12th.

I believe that mailbase has a facility for members only being able to post
to the list and all others having to go through the list-owner.  Wouldn't
this be easier than straight manual moderation?

Andrew

 Dr. Andrew Millard                              [log in to unmask]
 Department of Archaeology, University of Durham,   Tel: +44 191 374 4757
 South Road, Durham. DH1 3LE. United Kingdom.       Fax: +44 191 374 3619
                      http://www.dur.ac.uk/~drk0arm/