Help for CIG-E-FORUM Archives

CIG-E-FORUM Archives

CIG-E-FORUM@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

CIG-E-FORUM Home

CIG-E-FORUM  April 2020

CIG-E-FORUM April 2020

Request from Italy for Examples of Cross-GLAM Working & Interoperability and Integrations

Jane Daniels <[log in to unmask]>

Jane Daniels <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 24 Apr 2020 13:53:09 +0100

Hi,

This email was sent direct to me as Chair of CILIP MDG and I would be grateful if you could read it, pass it on to colleagues who work in different sectors and respond directly to Elisabetta if you can share any information with her - her email appears at the end of the text.

"My name is Elisabetta Viti and I am the vice president of the Italian Library Association (AIB)- Tuscany section. I work at the National Central Library of Florence (Italy), in the Subject Indexing tools and cataloguing sector. I deal with the Nuovo soggettario, a subject indexing tool for various types of information resources https://thes.bncf.firenze.sbn.it/index_eng.html

Specifically, I deal with the Thesaurus https://thes.bncf.firenze.sbn.it/ricerca_eng.php and its employment in the subject indexing system, its interoperability with other knowledge organization systems and its employment for subject indexing of bibliographic, archival and museum resources.

I am also a member of the MAB group http://www.mab-italia.org/index.php, which is the corresponding Italian association of the IFLA-LAMM. It is supported by AIB Italian Libraries Association https://www.aib.it/, ANAI (Italian National Archives Association) and ICOM (Italian section). Its purpose is to create a cooperation between cultural organizations for linking between libraries and museums and archives resources by the use of common tools and common rules of description and subject indexing.

Within the MAB group there are some regional sections which organize many projects.
In particular MAB-Toscana (MAB Tuscany) has three working groups:

Nuovo soggettario systems employed for subject indexing of non bibliographic resources such as archival documents and museum works. For example we created links between the terms of Nuovo soggettario thesaurus and some works of Uffizi Museum. You can see the example of the term Arazzi at the url https://thes.bncf.firenze.sbn.it/termine.php?id=13732&menuR=2&menuS=2 ;

RDA analysis and its employment in the description of non bibliographic reources. An experiment was carried out on the fonds Ligue européenne de coopération economique of the European Economic Union historical archives;

Wikipedia and libraries/archives/museum. Courses have been organized for librarians, archivists and art historians for the preparation of Wikipedia pages.

I am writing to you because I would like to know if there are some structured organizations (such as the Italian MAB) that coordinate cooperation projects between library, archives and museums, in your country. If so, which are the organizations that support them?

In addition, I would be grateful if you could tell me about some projects of interoperability and integration between libraries, archives and museums.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your response.

Kind regards

Elisabetta Viti, PhD
email [log in to unmask]

Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale di Firenze
Piazza Cavalleggeri 1
50122 Firenze
phone: +39 55 24919207