Do you want to work for and make a real impact on a £130m turnover, private
equity backed, international healthcare business, which specialises in the
development, manufacture and distribution of diagnostic products which has
doubled its revenues in the last 5 years?
We are looking for an individual with a strong focus on the application of
statistical techniques and a real passion for numbers to support our Lead
Statistician in the day to day statistical tasks and be able to solve
problems through statistics
The post holder will be responsible for providing statistical support to
· The post holder will be operationally responsible for Statistical
Analysis of Production Improvement activities with Technical/Customer
Services, Manufacturing, R&D, Planning and Inventory.
· Ongoing Liaison with relevant production & R&D departments to
collate, control, monitor and amend data.
· Collation and consolidation of data across departments.
· To promote robust conduct of experiments by contributing and
advising colleagues on statistical aspects that include experimental/study
design, sample size and power calculations and inferential statistics.
· Ensure that data management and statistical operations within the
business are in line with CLSI guidelines.
· Responsible for checking, monitoring and approving Improvement
data. Data will include scientific and Operational.
· Creation of Plans & Monitors for Production Improvement activities
and the creation and distribution of reports.
· Coordination with various departments for the creation and
manipulation of complicated production plans and experiment designs.
· Creation and design of experiments and be able to interpret,
analyse and challenge the data accordingly.
· Provide statistical support including experimental design (DoE) and
data analysis for a number of functional departments. This advice and
support may range from statistical design of experiments and results
interpretation, assay development and assay validation, analysis of process
and other data from large scale manufacturing assets (e.g. reliability,
assessment of robustness, Statistical Process Control (SPC), data mining,
Multivariate data analysis, etc.).
· Performing statistical modelling and analysis of process data to
assist development teams in meeting new product commercialization goals.
· Prepare reports & presentations where applicable both for internal
use and for provision to customers.
· Coordinate with the Shop floor to help ensure best statistical
practice is maintained. Intervening where necessary.
Knowledge and Skills
· Ideally, BSc or MSc in Statistics or Mathematical Sciences degree
with a strong focus on the application of statistical techniques.
· Application of descriptive and inferential statistical methods to
experimental and historical data.
· Ability to interpret and communicate results from statistical
analyses to audiences of different levels of knowledge in statistics.
· Excellent IT skills, including Excel, Word & Power Point. Competent
in at least one of the common statistical software packages
To apply, please use the link:
You may leave the list at any time by sending the command
to [log in to unmask], leaving the subject line blank.