Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Fellow in Paleomagnetic Statistics
Classification: Academic (Level A/B)
Salary package: $71,509 - $111,365 per annum plus 17% Superannuation
Term: Full time, Fixed term (2 years)
Excellent employer superannuation contributions
Generous leave entitlements
On campus childcare facilities
Support network and mentoring program for early career academics
An opportunity exists for an early career researcher with an interest in working with paleomagnetic statistics. The Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Fellow is expected to support an Australian Research Council funded project in developing a new generation of paleomagnetic statistics, which is a collaboration between faculty members in the Research School of Earth Sciences (David Heslop and Andrew Roberts) and the Research School of Finance, Actuarial Studies and Statistics (Janice Scealy) at the Australian National University (ANU), in collaboration with Lisa Tauxe at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography. The project will also lead to the design and development of software that makes the new series of hierarchical paleomagnetic analysis methods available openly.
The Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Fellow will join the Research School of Earth Sciences. Based at the ANUís charming Acton campus<http://www.anu.edu.au/about/campuses-facilities/acton-campus> in Canberra. The School is part of the ANU College of Science. Staff and students within the College conduct research and deliver research-led education programs that encompass the breadth of the sciences, supported by extensive international networks and by world-class facilities. The College has a strong tradition of research excellence that has fostered Nobel Laureates and Kyoto Prize winners and that trains scientific leaders in disciplines in which the ANU is consistently ranked in the top twenty in the world.
The Australian National University provides a range of lifestyle, financial, and non-financial rewards and programs to support staff in maintaining a healthy work/life balance whilst encouraging success in reaching their full career potential. For more information, please click here<https://www.anu.edu.au/jobs>.
Key selection criteria
1. A PhD (or award of a PhD within six months of appointment commencement) in statistics or in paleomagnetism with a strong statistical background.
2. Demonstrated experience in areas such as hierarchical statistical modelling, Bayesian statistics, and spherical statistics.
3. The ability to develop paleomagnetic analysis software or to develop research code that can be transformed by a programmer into user-friendly software.
For further information please contact Professor Andrew Roberts, Email: [log in to unmask] or T: 02 6125 1420
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
Details of the position and an online application form can be found at: http://jobs.anu.edu.au/cw/en/job/529024/postdoctoral-fellowresearch-fellow-in-paleomagnetic-statistics
To apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents.
1. A statement addressing each of the selection criteria <http://www.anu.edu.au/jobs/applying-for-a-position-at-anu> must be included.
2. A current curriculum vitae (CV) that includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
You may leave the list at any time by sending the command
to [log in to unmask], leaving the subject line blank.