Dear AllStat members,
Please see below an exclusive new contract role in Bioinformatics with our client in Berkshire. We are looking for a recent PhD graduate or maybe 1-2 years extra experience in bioinformatics and working with -omics data (proteomics would be very interesting) for a 1 year contract with likelihood of extension.
£40-45 per hour, 37.5 hour p/w contract, 1 day home working flex
Paramount are currently supporting a global pharmaceutical organisation with the exciting developments within their data science and translational medicine group in the UK. This company are at the forefront of drug discovery, supporting both early and late development projects in therapeutic areas such as the central nervous system (CNS). The data science team themselves are highly skilled in the analysis and interpretation of omics and screening data, advanced data analytics and quantitative methods.
The Post Doc Bioinformatician will apply advanced analytical capabilities to biological domain understanding to reveal mechanistic insight into disease and drug action. You will establish genomic data processing pipelines and analytical plans to inform target identification, validation and biomarker discovery.
You will be part of a highly motivated, multi-disciplinary team all driven by a passion to improve decision making in Drug Discovery by leveraging advanced data science methods. The position has a high potential of extension, as others have been in the past, the company are keen to help the successful candidate grow and develop as an early career bioinformatics scientist. This is an excellent opportunity for a PhD graduate or someone with 1-3 years experience in academia who would like to gain experience in a pharmaceutical company.
What we are looking for:
* A thorough understanding of bioinformatics, statistics, data mining, and visualization of biological data types and the standard tools used in these domains. Expertise in pre-processing, integration and analysis of different omic data types (e.g. proteomics, gene expression, SNP, metabolomic, epigenetic data, etc.).
* Expertise in methods pertinent for functional interpretation of omics data e.g. pathway enrichment, functional module detection, causal reasoning
* Familiarity with specific strategies e.g. (eQTL analysis) for analysis of multiple omic data types as well as advanced statistical and machine learning methods.
* Proficiency in a range of programming languages such as Python or R.
* Ability to interpret and communicate efficiently the outcomes of analytical work to a non-expert audience in order to trigger efficient decision-making.
Please contact Jade on +44 121 616 3472 or at [log in to unmask] for more information or to discuss applying for this role.
Principal Consultant - Bioinformatics & Data Science
Office: +44 (0)121 616 3472
Mobile: +44 7760 628112
You may leave the list at any time by sending the command
to [log in to unmask], leaving the subject line blank.