The recently granted Emmy Noether group Regression Models beyond the Mean – A Bayesian Approach to Machine Learning invites applications for two positions:
* 1 Doctoral research fellow (PhD level, with 75% part-time employment, 3 years)
*1 Postdoctoral research fellow (full-time employment, 3 years)
to contribute to the development and application of statistically informed models at the interface between Bayesian methods and machine learning. The research positions are associated with the working group of Applied Statistics at the School of Business and Economics at Humboldt-Universität Berlin. Opportunities for own scientific qualification (PhD)/career development are provided, see https://www.wiwi.hu-berlin.de/en/academic-career/academic-career?set_language=en for an overview and further links. The positions are to be filled at the earliest possible date and funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) within the Emmy Noether programme.
* Ideal candidates have the following profile (Requirements):
- an outstanding degree (Master or PhD) in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field with specialisation in Statistic, Data Science or Mathematics;
- a strong background in at least one of the following fields: Bayesian statistics, computational methods, machine or statistical learning approaches, advanced regression modelling; mathematical understanding desired.
- substantial experience in scientific programming with Matlab, Python, C/C++, R or similar;
- strong interest in developing novel statistical methodology and its applications in various fields such as economics or natural and life sciences;
- a very good communication skills and team experience, proficiency of the written and spoken English language (German is not obligatory).
* For further information please contact the project leader Prof. Dr. Nadja Klein (nadja.klein[at]hu-berlin.de)
* Opportunities: We offer the unique environment of young researchers and leading international experts in the fields. The vibrant international network includes established collaborations in Singapore and Australia. The positions offer potential to closely work with several applied sciences. Information about the research profile of the research group and further con-tact details can be found through the following link: https://hu.berlin.de/NK. The positions are paid according to the Civil Service rates of the German States “TV-L”, E13 (if suitably qualified).
* Applications should include: - a CV with list of publications (for the Postdoc position) - a motivational statement (at most one page) explaining the applicant's interest in the position as well as their relevant skills and experience - copies of degrees/university transcripts - names and email addresses of at least one (for doctoral researchers) or two (for post-doctoral researchers)professors that may provide letters of recommendation directly to the hiring committee Applications should be sent as a single PDF file to: nadja.klein[at]hu-berlin.de. Please indicate “Research Position Emmy Noether” and which position applied for in the subject line.
* The review of applications will begin end of July and continue until this position is filled.
* HU is seeking to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching, and specifically encourages qualified female scholars to apply. Severely disabled applicants with
equivalent qualifications will be given preferential consideration. People with an immigration background are specifically encouraged to apply. Since we will not return your documents, please submit copies in the application only
Prof. Dr. Nadja Klein
Assistant Professor of Applied Statistics
Member of the Humboldt network (Alexander von Humboldt foundation)
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Unter den Linden 6, D-10117 Berlin
Spandauer Str. 1, D-10178 Berlin
You may leave the list at any time by sending the command
to [log in to unmask], leaving the subject line blank.