PSI Training Course:
*Introduction to Bayesian Statistics*
Sign up now! Last few days to register.
· *Dates:* 25 – 26 Jun, 2019
· *Location:* UCB Pharma, Slough, UK
· *Presented by: Ros Walley, Foteini Strimenopoulou & Phyllis Smetana*
At the end of the course attendees will:
· Understand the motivation for Bayesian designs and the meaning of
the Bayesian terminology including the differences between the frequentist
and Bayesian methods
· Learn the basics of constructing a prior distribution
Know the impact of priors on the results and how to summarise the posterior
· Understand how Bayes methods can be used to improve decision making.
· Know some of the practical aspects (including software choices) of
Bayesian design implementation.
The course will focus on the practicalities of Bayesian design, analysis
and reporting and will not go into deep statistical methodology or software
coding. Examples and practical exercises are used throughout to aid
understanding and interaction. References will be given to the attendee
with links to the statistical formulae and other reading.
Although not essential, it would be useful for attendees to bring a laptop
with either SAS or R installed, so that they can join in with the practical
*The following topics will be covered:*
• Informative vs Vague Priors
• Construction of Priors
• Documentation of Priors
• Credible Intervals
• Prior-data conflict
• Decision rules
• Simulation and MCMC
• Checks for convergence
• Types of software to run Bayesian analyses
For more information, or to register:
You may leave the list at any time by sending the command
to [log in to unmask], leaving the subject line blank.