ALLSTAT Archives

allstat@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ALLSTAT Home

ALLSTAT  June 2019

ALLSTAT June 2019

JOBS Cardiff University

"Rebecca Playle CTR Cardiff)" <[log in to unmask]>

Rebecca Playle CTR Cardiff)

Mon, 24 Jun 2019 11:48:13 +0100

Research Assistant / Associate / Fellow (Statistics)
8578BR
8599BR
Cardiff University School of Medicine

The Centre for Trials Research (CTR) at Cardiff University is the largest group of academic clinical trials staff in Wales, and has earned full UK Clinical Research Collaboration (UKCRC) registered status. The Centre tackles the big diseases and health concerns of our time, including growing resistance to antibiotics, early cancer diagnosis and how to eliminate health inequalities. It achieves this by forming partnerships with researchers and building lasting relationships with the public, whose participation is essential for the success of studies.

As part of our continued growth a new and exciting opportunity has arisen in the statistics team of the CTR. You will contribute to the design, management and analysis of research data for a range of trials. As a statistician in the CTR, you will also have the opportunity to present your research at internal research meetings as well as national and international conferences.

To be appointed at grade 5 we are looking for someone educated to graduate level in a mathematical or statistical subject. We would especially encourage those who are currently completing or have recently completed an MSc in Medical Statistics to apply for this post.  Those without a mathematics based first degree should demonstrate relevant applied statistical methodological experience.

To be appointed at grade 6 or 7 we are looking for someone educated to PhD level in a mathematical science or with substantial applied statistical methods (or with equivalent relevant work experience in statistical analysis) and knowledge of appropriate governance, systems and processes in relation to statistics in trials.

The CTR is staffed by a range of experts, including statisticians, trial managers, data managers, database programmers, health professionals and quality assurance officers. These staff work with clinicians and research groups to develop and complete trials from the basic idea through to publication in high-quality journals and disseminating the final results at national and international conferences and meetings.

We are happy to consider applicants wishing to work part-time or full time. Please make it clear which grade you are applying for in your application as we hope to appoint to more than one post / grade.

For informal queries, please contact Dr Rebecca Playle via email [log in to unmask] or Chris Hurt via email [log in to unmask]

These posts are full time (35 hours a week) or part time, available immediately and open ended.

Salary: £27,025 - £31,302 per annum (Grade 5)
           £33,199 - £39,609 per annum (Grade 6)
           £42,036 - £48,677 per annum (Grade 7)

Closing Date: Sunday, 7 July 2019

Full details, job descriptions and instructions for applicants are given here:
www.cardiff.ac.uk/jobs
Vacancies reference codes 8578BR, 8599BR

Cardiff University is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. We believe this can be achieved through attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse range of staff from many different backgrounds who have the ambition to create a University which seeks to fulfil our social, cultural and economic obligation to Cardiff, Wales, and the world.  In supporting our employees to achieve a balance between their work and their personal lives, we will also consider proposals for flexible working or job share arrangements.

https://www.statsjobs.com/job/research-fellow-statistics

SIGNOFF allstat