Help for BSA-GENDER-STUDY-GROUP Archives

BSA-GENDER-STUDY-GROUP Archives

BSA-GENDER-STUDY-GROUP Archives

BSA-GENDER-STUDY-GROUP@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

BSA-GENDER-STUDY-GROUP Home

BSA-GENDER-STUDY-GROUP Home

BSA-GENDER-STUDY-GROUP  April 2019

BSA-GENDER-STUDY-GROUP April 2019

CFP: Boyhood and Belonging: Interdisciplinary perspectives on the roles of space and place on young men’s identities

Young Lee <[log in to unmask]>

Young Lee <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 5 Apr 2019 16:46:22 +0100

Boyhood Studies – An Interdisciplinary Journal
EDITOR: Michael R.M. Ward, Swansea University
MANAGING EDITOR: Diederik F. Janssen, Independent Scholar

Call for Papers: Boyhood and Belonging: Interdisciplinary perspectives on the roles of space and place on young men’s identities

This special issue of Boyhood Studies (Volume 12, Issue 2,) will draw on interdisciplinary perspectives
of space and place in order to investigate male identities. The issue will enhance our understanding
of boys and young men’s practices as they negotiate a sense of belonging, investment in peer cultures
and via relationships with ‘territories’ and places. More specifically, the issue seeks to understand the
manner in which the practices, discourses and ethos of particular locales, spaces and institutions shape
the opportunities and ‘ways of being’ for boys and young men. We also aim to look at how interactions
and relationships with girls, young women, sisters, mothers, and grandmothers shape boyhood and
boys’ lives, and more specifically, their sense of belonging. Abstracts due May 30.

View full details: http://journals.berghahnbooks.com/_uploads/bhs/BHS-CfP-Winter-2020.pdf

Submit a Book Review for the Summer 2019 issue. Reviews due June 15. View details here: http://journals.berghahnbooks.com/_uploads/bhs/BHS-Books-for-Review.pdf

General CFP: http://journals.berghahnbooks.com/_uploads/bhs/BHS-CfP-General.pdf

www.berghahnjournals.com/boyhood-studies

The BSA Gender Study Group mailing list is for the exchange of ideas and information related to any aspect of Gender Studies and scholarship. We do not undertake editorial control of postings; viewpoints and information posted to the list do not necessarily represent the views of the convenors or association. We encourage respectful communication on the list and ask that questions related to specific postings be directed to the appropriate party.