Help for UTSG Archives

UTSG Archives

UTSG@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

UTSG Home

UTSG  March 2019

UTSG March 2019

Invitation to Next Rail 2019 Conference, Zurich!

Francesco Corman <[log in to unmask]>

Francesco Corman <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 25 Mar 2019 13:02:58 +0000

Dear Colleagues,
We will host the international rail and mobility conference nextRail19 at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Campus) in Zurich. Organised by ETH Zurich in cooperation with SMA and OpenTrack, the event will take place from 12 to 14 September 2019 and is entitled "Agile Models for railway system planners and managers".

This conference will once again attract a broad international audience of decision-makers, experts and scientists from the fields of rail and mobility. The conference will continue with its established and successful program: Symposium (Thursday), seminars (Friday) followed by a technical excursion (Saturday). The traditional conference dinner will take place on Thursday evening.

At the symposium on the first day speakers from both the political and railway world's will discuss the different ways of approaching these immense challenges of the future. The symposium will be held in German, English and French and will be simultaneous translation available.

On the second day, international best practices and innovative approaches will be presented in a range of parallel seminars: one on railway research, organized by ETH Zurich and the chair of transport Systems at IVT; one SMA seminar (simultaneously translated); and one OpenTrack user workshop.

The Technical Excursion on the last day focuses on the various mobility players in the greater Zurich urban area.

We invite you to join the 250 participants from 20 countries and benefit from our early bird price until 30th April 2019!
You will find updated information on the programme and the registration portal on our website www.nextrail19.ch. The organisation team will be happy to assist you personally with your questions by email at [log in to unmask]
We look forward to welcoming you in September to Zurich!
Best regards,

On behalf of the organizers,
Prof. Dr. Francesco Corman
ETH - Transport Systems
Institut für Verkehrsplanung und Transportsysteme IVT HIL F 13.1
Stefano-Franscini-Platz 5
8093 Zurich, Switzerland
+41 4463 33350